WSET Spirits Level One is an introduction to the production of Spirits that would suit any newcomer to distilled spirits. The Mixing Class offers the WSET Spirits Level 1 as a self-guided course that means you can study using the WSET’s online classroom. To this we have also added some extra tools to help our students, including:
- access to our smart phone quiz app to maximise your chances of exam success
- a series of exercises to help you guide your study
- two of The Mixing Class custom tasting glasses to get you started on your journey to understanding and identifying aromas and flavours in spirits
- your course materials will come wrapped in a lovely heavyweight TMC tote
The WSET Spirits Level 1 course covers:
- The basic principles of spirit production
- The main types and styles of spirits
- Factors affecting the flavour of spirits
- How to serve spirits
- How to describe spirits using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits (SAT)
The exam can be taken in person (we offer regular exam dates held in Central London), or through remote invigilation. Taking the exam remotely required a tech test in advance of the exam and two devices with a camera (ie laptop and smart phone).
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to taste and describe spirits using a globally recognised approach, identify important styles of spirits and know the raw materials and production methods that define them. This course is governed by Ofqual and on passing the exam you will be awarded a globally recognised certificate.
Note: the cost of course includes your textbook, exam, certificate and pin, and includes a smartphone quiz app designed by The Mixing Class. Samples are not included but can also be purchased from The Mixing Class to twin with this course. To purchase the course plus the samples (strongly recommended!) click HERE