The BIIAB (The British Institute of InnKeeping Awarding Body) Personal Licence Level 2 is an invaluable asset to any bar industry professional. Once the course is completed the participant can then apply for their Personal Licence making them an asset to any licensed business they work for.
We teach this course online in real time over two half days. The exam can be sat at the end of the second session.
BIIAB Personal Licence Level 2 Specification
The course will enable the candidates to understand the law pertaining to licensing.
- the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
- the application process for a personal licence
- the role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- the premises licence
- the content and purpose of operating schedules
- the role and duties of the designated premises supervisor (DPS)
- unauthorised licensable activities
- permitted temporary licensable activities
- rights of entry to licensed premises
- police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- the specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
- the strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the human body
- the protection of children from harm
- the responsible retail sale of alcohol